Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Sore spot on leg

wAZZUP19 - Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Ive had a small sore spot on my leg for maybe a month. Its near my ankle, and it only hurts when I touch it.....its not swollen, I see no visible veins or discoloration. It feels like a bruise when I touch it. Ive had it for a while now and its worrying me. I can walk fine though. What could it be?

I also get random bruises on my legs for no reason, only on my legs though. But they go away over time. What could this be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm

A sore that does not heal should always be checked by a health care provider. It would be impossible to say what it is without an exam and it may not be serious at all but the only way to be sure is to have an expert actually look at it. Sometimes a non-healing sore is a signal of something that is going on in the body generally such as diabetes. At any rate, peace of mind is worth the trouble.