Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: red ring on ankle

MuzicLov3r - Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:46 pm

I have a small light red ring, slightly raised around3/4th of an inch in diameter on my ankle.
I haven't been camping recently, but I do have pet cats and a dog. This is the first time I've seen it.
I don't know what it is or what it could be.
 MuzicLov3r - Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:51 am

UPDATE
I know have one on both ankles. The second isn't a ring however but A full circle with the same traits.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:29 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible you could have a fungal infection called ringworm (nothing to do with worms). If so it is easily treated with antifungal creams. Beyond that you would need to see a doctor if it is still bothering you.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us