Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: rash on African American skin

britama - Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:34 pm

I am a 20 year old, non-smoking or drinking female. I am abstinent from sexual activity. Although my skin has been known to be sensitive to certain cosmetics and soaps, the rash I am currently dealing with now is different then previous ones. Now it is in my cleavage area, between my breasts and continues underneath them. It is dark, splotchy, damp, and occasionally itches, I live in a fairly warm region, so I try to wear, breathable cotton clothing; but nothing seems to be working. What type of rash is it, and is it treatable?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

User avatar Hello,The condition you mention is common and known as intertrigo and fungus is the cause.Clotrimazole powder application would be most useful to prevent and cure this.Best wishes.