Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: 22 Year Old Male - How Do I Get Rid Of My Acne?

 RichClark - Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello, im a 22 year old male STILL getting acne, i have tried every possible cream, face wash and even tablets off my doctor and nothing seems to work.

i wash twice daily with clean and clear daily wash. and i use the clean and clear "rapid action" gel. i shower daily, i eat quite healthy, i don't eat fatty or friend foods, im a bit of a fitness finatic and try to work-out around 4 times a week, and i change my bedsheets every week. So im a hygenic and healthy guy.

Anyway, that combination seems to work better than any other i have tried so far, but i still get spots, its annyoing and its starting to get a little depressing as im suffering from a lack of self confidence.

My initial belief is that i have an over-active gland (i forgot the name of the particular gland)
But i am in DESPERATE need of help, i want to get rid of these spots once and for all, please please help?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:39 pm

User avatar Hello,
These days nobody should have to suffer with acne. There are safe and effective remedies. Please schedule an appointment with a dermatologist so you can put this behind you. But, do know that it is not at all unusual and some women continue to have acne into their 30s, 40s, and 50s. It is not just a teenage condition, food rarely affects it and in spite of all your efforts, as you can see, you still may need some professional help.

In the meantime use products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, or both!

Best wishes.
 RichClark - Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:26 am

thanks ill try that, how do i go about getting an apointment with a dermatologist? as im only registered with a doctor, should i get an appointment through him? hes going to get sick of the sight of me, ha, hes already putting me through to a jaw specialist as mines out of place, oh well ill try that :) thanks for the help

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us