Question: Raised bumps/pimples on both forearms

Yabro - Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 pm

For what seems like over a month, I have had raised bumps on both of my forearms (two big ones on the right arm, three small ones on the left arm). They don't itch at all and I'm not sure what they are...

I play football for my school so it may be somewhat related. I've also been out in the sun a lot getting a tan.

For detailed pictures: http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/ravager88/bumps/
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 pm

While reading your post I was thinking you might have a staph infection (forearms are a common location for this) but after looking at the pictures I'm thinking more along the lines of ingrown hairs (folliculitis). In any case probably the best thing I can tell you is to make an appointment with a dermatologist, because these things are so much more clear and easy to diagnose up close, in real time. Best thing I can tell you is they don't look like anything to be unduly concerned about, but that they do deserve diagnosis and probably treatment.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.