Question: Red spots on nose

skullchrist1 - Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I've been a soical drinker and social smoker, I smoke when I drink, my whole life but have recently noticed, now in my mid 30's, that there are some red spots and a couple of broken blood vessels on my nose. Is there a way to get rid of them? Do I need a facial peel? Will aloe or vit E work?

I know my habits aren't for everybody but I'm a happy productive family man just looking for a little advice.

Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm

It is possible you could have rosacea a neurological and hypersensitivity disorder. You should see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. If this is what you have treatment is available and sometimes antibiotics are used. It can be aggravated by topical wrinkle or acne treatments so if you notice any patter related to the condition getting worse, you may be able to avoid the triggers.