Question: Red Blisters on Ring Finger?

yankeegrl32 - Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:52 am

I want to know what is wrong with my ring finger. It has since broken out into several tiny red blisters on my left hand ring finger. It gets red and swollen so bad that I can not take my rings off. It will then get all dry and flaky and return to normal, but soon to reappear. What is it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Almost all jewelry contains nickel and many people develop allergies to this. If your hand heals without any metal jewelry, this would be my suspicion and you may be limited in what metals you can wear. Since it's only on your ring finger, this is the most likely culprit.