Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Red spots on back of neck

nikkin - Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:34 pm

I need to know what these are, please help me!!!!! A year ago, I started getting these little red bumps on the back of my neck they are under my hair line and there are a few in it. I tryed pulling my hair up to see if it would go away if i let it air out a little, well they did they went away for a while, but then they came back only there are more they arn't that big, and they arn't itchy or anything. They don't look anything like pimples either. I havent went to see the doctor yet, but i think i'm going to. I have no idea what they are. I really would like to know. Will someone please help me find out what they are? and what caused it, and if so how can I get rid of them? I hope it isn't something serious. Please help if you can!
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:38 pm

User avatar Hi!

I am afraid it would be difficult to comment on your 'spots' without proper examination. Do provide us feedback as to what it was.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us