Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Skin flap did not heal properly

ccameron16 - Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:04 pm

I cut my finger on a beer bottle three weeks ago. The cut is on my index finger on the underside of my hand. It is now fully healed. There was a thick flap of skin that did not heal fully heal to the skin underneath of it. About half of it hangs off my finger, it gets caught on things so I constantly have to wear a band-aid over it. I don't know what I should do for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

You probably have some scar tissue in place which is raised a bit. Scar revisions can be done by a dermatologist. I don't know of any other option to smooth it out.