Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Red Bumps on Stomach

jacksparrowsgirl - Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 am

Good Morning, I am hoping that someone could shed a little light on red raised bumps that I have on my stomach. It starts a few days prior to the pox like bumps with a low grade fever between 99.5 and 100. The fever subsides then when I wake up a have a few itchy red raised bumps on my stomach of similar chicken pox size. Within a day, they mutiply to anywhere between 30-50 of them on my belly and sides. They itch terribly and then sting afterwards. I get these same symptoms every few months. I am very frustrated about this. If anyone could give me any advice, it would be gratly appreciated. Thank you

Jacksparrowsgirl
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 am

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like hives or urticaria, which is a hypersensitivity response to an allergen. You may want to see an allergist to find out what you are allergic to if you cannot determine a trigger on your own. There are a number of possible triggers - everything from animal dander or bites to cold or heat exposure, pressure, emotional stress, etc. In these cases, avoiding the offender is the best solution.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us