Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Pink bumps in my crotch region,

jubjub - Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:41 am

well for the passed few months on and off i get small pink bumps around my crotch not on my shaft though, just 10 minutes ago it was itchy so i rubbed my shaft and realised a small dot, im still a virgin so i don't know whats happening, im 15 and when i was about 10-11 i started to have a inner brown thigh, on both legs and little pink or purple dots there, is that anything? please get back to me asap im worried
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 pm

My first thought would be yeast infection which responds well to over the counter antifungal cream or powder. This is similar to athlete's foot and the yeast thrives in the moist, warm environment. Look for words like fungus, yeast, or jock itch on the packaging. I can't say what else you have noticed on the thigh but I doubt it is of concern. If the bumps and itch do not respond to the treatment you should see your doctor. Since you are not sexually active, it is very unlikely to be anything serious.

Best wishes