Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: 2 bumps/warts on lip. Been there for months.

chanchan - Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:23 pm

For over two months I've had these two flesh colored bumps, one large and one small, on the corner of my lips. When I told my dentist they said it was most likely just scar tissue. I am concerned it's more than just scar tissue, and believe it could possibly be oral warts. I have a picture available at http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7361/bumpnq8.jpg where you can clearly see the bumps. At one point one month ago I did scratch the larger bump off, but it grew back in the exact same spot and size. I don't know what to do about these bumps, or how to treat them.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm

It could be warts or perhaps moles, but I would see a dermatologist as opposed to a dentist to be sure and to get treatment. If it is a wart of some type, it can be removed but sometimes these are persistent so having a doctor remove it is most likely to be successful.