Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: 2 bumps/warts on lip. Been there for months.

chanchan - Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:23 pm

For over two months I've had these two flesh colored bumps, one large and one small, on the corner of my lips. When I told my dentist they said it was most likely just scar tissue. I am concerned it's more than just scar tissue, and believe it could possibly be oral warts. I have a picture available at http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7361/bumpnq8.jpg where you can clearly see the bumps. At one point one month ago I did scratch the larger bump off, but it grew back in the exact same spot and size. I don't know what to do about these bumps, or how to treat them.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm

User avatar Hello,
It could be warts or perhaps moles, but I would see a dermatologist as opposed to a dentist to be sure and to get treatment. If it is a wart of some type, it can be removed but sometimes these are persistent so having a doctor remove it is most likely to be successful.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us