Question: psoriasis and enbrel

dube - Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:03 am

I have had psoriasis for twenty years and for the past ten have been perscribed dovanex which helps some. I have about 2% affected. I know that isn"t bad compared to some. I also have a lot of joint pain. I am going to ask my doctor about Enbrel. Is there any chance he will ok it. My insurance will cover. Thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:43 pm

User avatar Hi there --

I can't think of any reason your doctor would refuse you Enbrel, which is a dedicated psoriasis medication with a pretty good track record, plus your insurance will cover it. If your doctor for some reason doesn't want to make the change I would definitely ask for a second opinion, since there's no practical reason I can think of to refuse (unless your doctor knows something about you that might contraindicate Enbrel -- which seems pretty unlikely).

I think he'll probably be willing to do a trial of Enbrel. Let us know what happens. Best of luck to you.