Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Where To Find Menthol-Free Chapstick/Lip Gloss

seaco711 - Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi. A friend of mine has been having some problems as of late with her lips breaking out, swelling, etc. She just texted me and told me that she went to the doctor and finally found out what the problem is. Apparently, she is allergic to menthol. She said that menthol is found in most chapstick and lip gloss, which she loves to use. She especially likes to use lip gloss, but now she can't because she is allergic to the menthol in it. Could anyone tell me where to find menthol-free chapstick or lip gloss to get for her?

thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 pm

I would recommend looking into "Burt's Bees" products. You should be able to find menthol-free products such as their "Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss" which contains vitamin E and oils such as almond, canola and soybean. There are others out there too but this would be a good place to start.