Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: always itching index finger under the tip of the nail

thebassbuilder - Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 am

I have an index finger, big toe and now the tip of my tounge itch at all times. My finger and toe have itched most of my life and it causes a calis to form that I tear off after it gets so thick. There is no discoloring or rash to the areas. My tounge just itches at the tip and that has started maybe 5 years ago. Please help this is something that I would discrib as Water Torcher, constantly having the tap my finger or stub my toe agents something to scrath the itch and now bite on the tip of my tounge. Thank you in advance for any help given.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:40 pm

While I really have no idea what's going on that's causing your random itching sites, I'm sure it is like torture, and I'm fairly certain, also, that it's neurological in nature. I'd strongly suggest a consult with a neurologist, because I can't think of any dermatological condition that would cause this widespread sort of problem, especially without any visible signs.

I hope this will at least help you in terms of a direction to look for answers to what must be an infuriating problem. Good luck to you and please follow up with us as needed.