Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: lumps under skin in groin area.

 adrian1985 - Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:36 pm

ey. A few weeks ago i had a red rash on my inner thighs. Presumed this was jock-itch and bought some antifungal cream which got rid of this rash (the skin is still a different colour though).

Before i used this medicine i notices a small bump under my skin on the inner thigh about the size of a pea. This eventually disappeared but now i have a fair few more of them in the groin area and on the inner side of my buttocks. They only seem to hurt when i sit down or touch them however the one on my buttock is probably 5cm in length.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to treat it?
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:21 pm

User avatar Hi!

I suggest you show your lesions to a doctor/dermatologist. It would be difficult to hand out a diagnosis over the net without seeing them.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us