Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Red spot-like swelling below eyebrow

killerlegs - Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I have a fairly large spot-like swelling under my eyebrow that was there when I woke up this morning. It is sore and a lot harder than a normal spot. A couple of days ago my puppy scratched my eye about 1/2" away from the lump. It is also on an existing scar from 5 months ago. Should I be worried?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't think you need to be worries about this, but you should keep track of it, and if it doesn't, as it should, resolve on its own, or if it becomes more pronounced, then you should have it looked at by a doctor. It could be related to the puppy scratch, though this seems unlikely, or it could be an allergic reaction known as angioneurotic edema, which should be gone by now and often is discovered in the morning, for reasons that aren't at all clear.

Hopefully your lesion has cleared up by now. If not, please follow up with us here.