Question: effectiveness of acne antibiotics whilst taking steriods

big dogg - Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:57 am

im currently on doxycycline antibiotics for my acne and was wandering if taking steriods would affect them working? the steriods are of tablet form and are low strength
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Usually steroids are short-term in duration but I see no problem with drug interactions so this should not be a problem anyway. Antibiotics work for some people's acne because it kills the bacteria that get trapped in the pores. If it works for you, I would continue the use but be sure your doctor is aware of the additional drugs.