Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: child has small fluid filled blisters on face and arm

mommy2cool - Tue May 05, 2009 11:47 am

My child has some small, blister-like bubbles arround her eye, and 2 on the crook of her elbow. They seem to bubble up and erupt (or maybe she picked at them, I don't know?) in a matter of 4-5 weeks. The ones that have broken get crusty and heal in a matter of days. What I am wondering is, is this due to a virus, like a wart, or is it a skin condition. (She has mild eczema on her wrists.) Someone told me they were called "meningus" or something pronounced like that, and were catchy. I have tried to look this up online but I must have misunderstood the name. Should I be overly concerned that my other children could get this? Do they go away?
Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 am

User avatar Hi,These are mostly bullous impetigo and respond well to external application of antibiotic like mupurocin.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us