Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Fordyce spots on penis

IndianaResident - Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

I have had fordyce spots on my penis for over 5 years now and I am very interested in advice on how I can get rid of them. I have asked on several other sites where the normal response usually goes something like "Don't worry son, fordyce condition is perfectly normal and not at all harmful; no treatment is necessary." This however does absolutely nothing for me. What these doctors fail to realize is that the condition is devastating for your self-esteem and severely affects your sex life. Harm does not just come in physical form but also mental. Having said that, I was wondering if there is any dermatologist on this site that could give me an honest answer to this question: Is there anything I can do (anything at all) to treat fordyce spots, or is this something that I will just have to accept and deal with for the rest of my life? I will greatly appreciate any feedback.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:10 pm

User avatar Pulse dye lasers have been used in treatment of fordycee spots.Never treated one my self, since I again feel as I have felt always, that it can be surely lived with,by modification of attitude.