Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Fordyce spots on penis

IndianaResident - Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

I have had fordyce spots on my penis for over 5 years now and I am very interested in advice on how I can get rid of them. I have asked on several other sites where the normal response usually goes something like "Don't worry son, fordyce condition is perfectly normal and not at all harmful; no treatment is necessary." This however does absolutely nothing for me. What these doctors fail to realize is that the condition is devastating for your self-esteem and severely affects your sex life. Harm does not just come in physical form but also mental. Having said that, I was wondering if there is any dermatologist on this site that could give me an honest answer to this question: Is there anything I can do (anything at all) to treat fordyce spots, or is this something that I will just have to accept and deal with for the rest of my life? I will greatly appreciate any feedback.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:10 pm

User avatar Pulse dye lasers have been used in treatment of fordycee spots.Never treated one my self, since I again feel as I have felt always, that it can be surely lived with,by modification of attitude.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us