Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Miliaria profunda

rocketman - Tue May 19, 2009 12:12 am

Not my skin but close

I went to the beach last week and tanned for a few hours about 3 days apart. I rarely tan but thought nothing of it since I'm of hispanic origin and tan easily. However, the next day I woke up with goosepimples all over my body (legs, arms, trunk, face) that lightly itched and wouldn't go away. I went to my pediatrician today and she couldn't think of what it could be and just prescribed some Claritin and suggested calamine.

However, upon further research of my own I found that what I have resembles Miliaria profunda. But it says http://bryanking.net/tag/miliaria-profunda/ here that one must go through "a complication of repeated episodes of miliaria rubra", of which I'm almost sure I haven't gone through. Is it possible to have it without that? What else could it be? And how should I treat it in the meantime? I will post a picture later.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am

User avatar Hi,Severe cases of miliaria profunda may need steroid creme application, and in a few a course of antibiotic.Hope you have recovered by now.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us