Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Miliaria profunda

rocketman - Tue May 19, 2009 12:12 am

Image
Not my skin but close

I went to the beach last week and tanned for a few hours about 3 days apart. I rarely tan but thought nothing of it since I'm of hispanic origin and tan easily. However, the next day I woke up with goosepimples all over my body (legs, arms, trunk, face) that lightly itched and wouldn't go away. I went to my pediatrician today and she couldn't think of what it could be and just prescribed some Claritin and suggested calamine.

However, upon further research of my own I found that what I have resembles Miliaria profunda. But it says http://bryanking.net/tag/miliaria-profunda/ here that one must go through "a complication of repeated episodes of miliaria rubra", of which I'm almost sure I haven't gone through. Is it possible to have it without that? What else could it be? And how should I treat it in the meantime? I will post a picture later.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am

User avatar Hi,Severe cases of miliaria profunda may need steroid creme application, and in a few a course of antibiotic.Hope you have recovered by now.