Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: shaved eyebrows

fjweaponx - Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 am

i made a really stupid mistake. I shaved part of both of my eyebrows 2 months ago they have not grown back in yet. there are a few hairs here but they are not very long and for the most part you cannot even see the tiny ones unless you look up close. I looked on the internet and they said that it should take about 2 months to grow back which is why i am concerned. they also said its possible to damage the hair follicle but i have herd of people doing this and they grew back. I also read that rogain can help re stimulate them so i bought some of that earlier this week so far it has not really improved them and i don't really expect it to either. So far on a day to day bases is i do not so any drastic improvement. I did use a little force when shaving them but it did not penetrate the skin. they kind of tingled a little bit right after words but i would not describe it as pain. also I sued a electric shaver if that makes any difference.

Thank You Very Much!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 am

User avatar Hello,The eyebrows grow at a much slower rate than other areas however shaving the area would have nothing to do with growth or destuction of follicle,be rest assured.Best wishes.