Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Large cyst under my eyelid.

 iforget123 - Sat May 30, 2009 9:00 pm

I have had a large sty which has now turned in to a cyst.. it's been there for about 4 weeks and it hasnt gotten smaller. I went to the opthalmologist and he prescribed bacitracin but that hasn't worked at all. Is there anything else that I can do?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am

User avatar Hordeolum externum as it is called is an infection of sebaceous glands.Most cases need nothing but external application of antibiotic,but a few may need surgical drainage.Do get back to your doctor for further advice.Take care,and do write back.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us