Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Pale-red bumps and sharp needles-like pain

Celestis - Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:40 am

About two weeks ago - after I moved to a new place - my skin seemingly reacted to something I am yet to determine, eventually causing my entire body to become covered in pale-red dots with a texture similar to "goose bumps". During the past week it was gradually going away. I suspected an allergic reaction, and hence stopped subjecting myself to new food / detergents I started using.

A new symptom emerged, though, which is a sharp needles-like pain on the surface of my skin occurring on many parts of my body simultaneously. It doesn't last long, but is distracting due to its intensity.

Whenever I get nervous/anxious and/or sweat from physical activity, the described pain sets in. It has been like this for the entire week, basically.

I am a 19 year old male, have no significant medical history, am in a good shape, and every medical test came back negative in the past.

What could be the cause?

Thanks a lot in advance,
- Celestis.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:31 pm

User avatar Hello,blockage of sweat glands lead to this condition by name miliaria rubra.Nothing to worry.Just apply any good talc and you should be fine.