Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: alergic to sun creams

 louise markham - Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 pm


I am alergic to the following in suncreams, i am going on holiday end of this moth and cannot find a sun cream with out these ingredients in them, what can i use?

2-hydroxy-4-methoxybenzophenone (eusolex 4360, escalol 567, oxybenzone, benzophenone-3)

i am also allergic to Nickel.

if you can help and advise on a suncream i will be able to use.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:02 am

User avatar Hello,Your problem of sunscreen allergy demands the use of physical sunscreens,otherwise known as sunblocks.Best to go in for microfined zinc oxide paste,which has a good saftey profile.Do consult your doctor anyway.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us