Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: silvery white rash

bassfishing - Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:19 pm

im 29 healthy male. i have had a rash ongoing for over 4 yrs now, sometimes it will go away for a week or sooo but comes back.... the rash is on my scrotum and around the base of my penis... it doesnt itch, just dries out and becomes flakey. i can use some sort of lotion or just scratch the area and pull the silvery white flakes off... there is always some redness of the skin when this is done and the next day, all the dry skin is back.. i know i should go see a dr. about this but being where the rash is im embarressed about it.. any help you can give me would be great
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:17 pm

It is possible you have a fungal infection. If so, treatment can usually be done with over-the-counter antifungal creams or powders. It won't hurt anything to try this first. If no success after several days you should see a doctor.