Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: White Scaley Spots

michalbugno2007 - Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:25 pm

I am 15 years old and during a trip to Europe i developed very itchy skin. Eventually it turned red with a white center (similar to picture 3). Originally I thought it was eczema or ringworm so i started using hydrocirtizone cream along with Lamisil (for ringworm). The patches have become less scaley and are now mostly white not the red/white pattern as before. I have this on both arms and legs. I have attached pictures.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

User avatar Hello,What you have now is post inflamatory hypopigmentation sequel to the allergic dermatitis.Application of vaseline should do and if it persists do consult a dermatologist.Nothing to worry.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us