Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Skin Tags?

IckySkin - Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I have for years had these skin tags on my inner thigh and they've been bothersome. I went to the doctor once and she said I'd have to have surgery and remove them at the time since there were so many. At that time, I was not able to do the surgery. They were only on my upper inner thigh. Over the years they have grown bigger.

Now I thought that I had some broken capillaries on the top of my feet since sometimes my feet swell from the thyroid problem. However as of late I'm noticing it is skin tags and they're now growing all over my feet as well as on some of my shin. Is that normal? What else can be done beside 'surgery'? Thanks in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 pm

User avatar Hello,Achrocordons or skin tags are not generally associated with any specific condition.However they are more common in the obese and in diabetics.Areas where friction is common, are areas where these skin tags arise.The can be clipped by your doctor.Cryotherapy will be good if you want to avoid the minor surgery.