Question: Burning, itching rash

inspector1 - Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:13 pm

I have a purplish-red, itchy, oozing rash in my right crotch area. My doctor has treated me for ringworm and yeast infection, to no avail. A culture came back negative for any fungal growth. What is the cause, and what is the treatment?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 am

User avatar Hello,Many a times groin lesions get diagnosis as fungus or yeast.True,the are the commonest,yet occasionally other conditions like seborrheic dermatitis for example may be the cause.Seborrheic dermatitis is a form of dandruff like condition presenting in the groin with itching.Also diabetics and even others can get a bacterial infection called Erthrasma wll betreatable with antibiotics.Seborrheic dermatitis would respond to a external application of hydrocortisone,while the later to application of erythromycin creme.So best to get rewiewed for the above mentioned conditions.Best wishes.