Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Knot between top of shoulders at base of neck

tbilton - Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:58 pm

A couple of years ago I had a large knot in the upper middle of my back removed and I now have one at the base of my neck between the top of my shoulders. The one removed was performed in the doctors office under a local. Given the area of this know should I feel comfortable with this being removed at the doctors office under local?
I have had this examined by my Primary Care Doctor and he said it is definitely not cancer.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 am

User avatar Hello,From your description it seems you are getting a sebaceous cyst removed.The location is not dangerous and the removal superficial.You will not be having the location related problem.All surgeries minor or major needs a thorough workup which your doctor is qualified to give,and you need not worry.Best wishes.