Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Bumps on penis skin

 Alford - Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Hello All!

I'm a 23 year old male and I've had sex with 5 girls. Each girl I've had unprotected sex with. Unfortunately, it turns out that a few of those girls had cheated and were apparently pretty...well...slutty. Go figure, maybe that's why they were so good! :) Anyway, I'm dumb for having unprotected sex so I deserve anything I get.

I've been concerned with some newer bumps on my penis. Ever since I've started puberty, I've had forcyde spots on the bottom of my penis all the way from the base to where the foreskin ends (i'm circumsized). They've always bothered me and are ridiculously unsighlty but I've gone to the doctor and he's given me the okay saying that it's normal. The weird thing is that some have little tiny hairs growing out of them (yeah pretty gross but what can ya do?). You can't really see them unless you inspect it closely with a black background.

However, these bumps are pretty new. Within the past 8 months or so, however, I've developed new bumps on the top of my shaft (toward the base) which seemed to have showed up overnight (within 8 months). I've been dating the same girl for over a year and a half and we havent cheated on each other (very sure). She's only been with one guy before me and she's clean.

I've gone to the doctor asking about my forcyde spots and he said it was okay. I'm assuming he saw the newish bumps on the top of the shaft and he didn't say anything. I'm concerned that it could continue spreading until my entire penis looks like chicken skin!!!

Obviously this is devastating to the male ego since our penises are a sign of virility and manliness.

I was hoping I could post a picture of the bumps on my penis and see if someone could tell me these newer ones look like warts or perhaps forcyde spots. I wont take a picture of my entire penis because I'm not sure if that will violate forum rules.

This is a picture of my Forcyde spots. As you can see, there are little hairs coming out of it that are hard to see with the naked eye, but my macro setting on my camera pics it up well. Those spots are pretty mild and are prevalent on both undersides of my shaft.

This is a picture of the newer bumps. They don't look like the forcyde spots. They are very noticeable to me and I would assume look like warts. Any warts I look up online are horrible looking and extreme cases so I'm not sure if these are just mild looking ones.

Here is one more picture for good measure.

End result here is that I will probably end up going to the doctor again. I just don't know why he didn't say anything beforehand? Would you recommend going straight to a dermatologist or should I go to a walk in clinic? Do these look like I should get them looked at or do they look normal? I'm kind of freaking out because not only is it embarrassing to get taken care of, but I'm worried this isn't fixable. :(
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 pm

User avatar Hello,From the pictures sent it is in favour of molluscum contagiosum a viral infection non STD of course but can spread by skin to skin contact.These can easily be removed by external applications or by cryotherapy.All you need is to visit a dermatologist for the needful.Differential diagnosis would include a lichen planus which would generally itch a lot.Scabies again has this location and itching is always present.So with the likelyhood of MC you can meet the doc.Bestwishes
 Alford - Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks for your response!

I have a tube of Retin-A (tretinoin) that my doctor gave me to see if they help the forcyde spots. I just read on Wikipedia that this is sometimes used to treat molluscum contagiosum. Would you recommend to use it on these?

I tried using it for a week and it really dries out the skin on my penis, discolors it, and makes it a little uncomfortable. I can get back to using tretinoin if it's worth it.

Also, would freezing them off leave scars? Definitely don't want scars on my penis.

Are there any OTC drugs that could help as well?

Thanks once again for taking the time to help me out! :)
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 am

User avatar Hello,I do not think tretinoin is worth a try.You would only irritate the mucosa further.Cryo would be a better choice and with proper person doing it, results would be good.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us