Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Lump on finger

Unmutual - Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:49 am

At the moment i have a small red lump on the side of my index finger. It is hard and raised but the skin on it also feels slightly spongy ?? I had previously visited my doctor because i had an outbreak of dermatitis over and around the area with the lump. The doctor assumed the lump was part of the dermatitis and gave me Dermovate to use. Thankfully it cleared it up but the lump is still there. I believe the lump started growing before the start of the dermatitis, so what is it ???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 pm

A wart is still a possibility. You can have more than one condition existing at once. See your dermatologist again if it is bothering you. If it is a wart, it can be removed. If not, the doctor might be able to tell better at this point, now that the dermatitis has cleared up.

Unmutual - Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't think so, the lump is completely smooth and there are no little black dots on it !! It almost seems like there is something underneath the skin !?