Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: wrinkled penis head and peeling foreskin

 crazycooter - Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:09 pm

ok im 20 and uncircumsized and for the past 3 months my penis head is very wrinkled and under the skin on the head are these small pimple like bumps.but they have no fluid in them.ive also noticed my foreskin is peeling and gets really red when i masterbate.i have no discharge and it does not hurt when i urinate.also around my urethra hole is red.i have been to the doctor and got checked and everything came back negative.Ive tried everything i know from hydrocortizone cream,lotion,different soap,antibiotics and cream my doctor prescribed.but nothing has changed.plaese help in any way you can......thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 am

User avatar Hello,This looks like steroid induced atrophy.Corticosteroid cremes do cause thinnig of skin and wrinkling especially after long term application.Eyelids,penile,and scrotal skin are particularly sensitive because absorbtion is fast.The least problem is with hydrocortisone but then even that could cause some atrophy.Best is to apply vaseline for some time.Do not use too much of antiseptics or antibacterials.Do visit you doctor just to make sure.Best wishes.
 crazycooter - Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:56 pm

k thanks doc..i will try an see what happens
 crazycooter - Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 pm

doc that didnt help.....
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 am

User avatar Hello,Steroid induced atrophy takes quite some time to resolve.Ok?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us