Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Recurring Painless White Spot on tongue

Butterflyblue1116 - Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:36 pm

For the past three or four months I have had a recurring painless white spot occur on and off on my tongue in the same spot. Dermatologist ruled out leukoplakia because he said leukoplakie stays and does not go away and come back.
I would like answers to help me. It is an aggravation, makes me feel like food is stuck. It is on the center of my tongue, a little past the half-way mark, towards the back. If you need any other symptoms, I am willing to give them.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 am

User avatar Hello,An inflammation of the toungue and difficulty in swallowing are encountered as a syndrome in iron deficiency.It is best you get your CBC done to rule out a anaemia.The other common cause would be moniliasis after antibiotic therapy,or deficient immune states including diabetes.Leucoplakias do not recur like what your dermatologist has told.Tounge thrust keratosis may be related to vigorous brushing which is a form of frictional keratosis.Ok?Best wishes.