Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: what can this be

 pokey - Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 pm

two years ago i noticed a small skin coured (a little translucent) bump on my skin on my back now that i examine it it is light red with some blood settled inside of it and when you push on it the blood unsettles and the bump turns dark red until the blood settles again, any ideas??

also a couple of years ago i notice a grayish white blotch about an inch long and a cent. wide on the skin in between my vagina and anus, which was never there before, (it is not raised). it looks like it just changed colour
 pokey - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:10 pm

please can some one help?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:57 am

User avatar Hi pokey,
A type of hemangioma may give the appearance of the redness you describe and should be evaluated by a dermatologist.Any genital discoloration should be evaluated by your physician.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us