Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: what can this be

pokey - Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 pm

two years ago i noticed a small skin coured (a little translucent) bump on my skin on my back now that i examine it it is light red with some blood settled inside of it and when you push on it the blood unsettles and the bump turns dark red until the blood settles again, any ideas??

also a couple of years ago i notice a grayish white blotch about an inch long and a cent. wide on the skin in between my vagina and anus, which was never there before, (it is not raised). it looks like it just changed colour
 pokey - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:10 pm

please can some one help?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:57 am

User avatar Hi pokey,
A type of hemangioma may give the appearance of the redness you describe and should be evaluated by a dermatologist.Any genital discoloration should be evaluated by your physician.