Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Moloscum Contagiosum?

JohnCraiger - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Hello, I am 20 and in good shape/health. I recently got 2-3 tiny hard bumps on my penis. I searched alot and found it to look exactly like Moloscum Contagiosum. It has progressivly spread and made other smaller bumps (hardly visable). I used Apple Cider Viniger and it seemed to help but dried out my skin to much.

I have not consulted a doctor yet. Is this curable? I have no idea where I could have got it.

Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:48 am

User avatar Hello,Molluscum contagiosum is caused by a pox virus and spreads by skin to skin contact.Very common in children but occurs in adults as an STI and there is mostly a history of exposure.They are quite common at genialia,lower abdomen and groin.They are papules with dome shape and a central umbilication.They are generally multiple.HIV individuals present with giant mollucums.Treatment consists of removal or cautery,or cryotherapy.Imiquimod applied externally as prescribed by physician helps in cure.Ok?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us