Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Sun Exposure after use of Acnetane

Sun Monkey - Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:31 am

I need some help please Doc. I've been on Acnetane for the last 6 months and reached the end of my cycle with great results. What is the time period that i should wait before i can tan again?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Since the safety of tanning is in question all by itself. Isotretinoin (I assume that is the medication you mean - in the USA it is marketed as Accutane but we do not have Acnetane here) does increase photosensitivity, avoidance of this activity is the safest course. You might try self-tanning sprays or creams instead. But, if you must tan, I don't have any guidelines about the period of time you should wait. I would recommend at least a month.