Doctors Lounge - Dermatology AnswersBack to Dermatology Answers List
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.
Date of last update: 10/18/2017.
Forum Name: Dermatology Topics
|sisa - Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm|
- I'm 17
- White small dots on the penis' foreskin that when scrubbed they just are removed. The dots appeared recently.
- Itches both on the pelvic zone where pubic hair grows, and penis' foreskin (I try to think: "mind over matter")
- At the same time, jock athlete on left leg groin. But the jock athlete is already almost healed.
- I go to gym at least 3 times a week. Although i do aerobics-stamina more that muscles. Also play soccer. So sweat is present.
- The soap I use when taking a shower is cheap, so it is also a suspect, but I need feedback.
- I have a genetic dry skin problem. Like any normal dry skin issue, but genetic.
- I've had skin problems on pubic area before, but like this it's the first time. The jock itch
- virgin - no sex activity ever
|Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm|
Hello,Jock itch while common on the groin are much less so on the pubic area.Seborrheic dermatitis is a form of dandruff affecting areas like scalp,groin,pubic area.This could itch too.If you have scalp dandruff this is a possible diagnosis.Also pubic lice may not be easily visible and may look like a black dot at the hair root.This would respond to permethin application.With these in mind do get evaluated.Best wishes.
|sisa - Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 pm|
Thank you very much doc.
I went for a medical check and it seems that i am allergic to the soap i usually use when taking a shower, and to Mexsana powder (that white cornstarch powder). The doctor that checked me said that both itches were related. So I stopped using both the soap and powder and my condition improved notably. Lice aren't definitely the reason. The doctor didn't see them.
But thanks anyway doctor. I might use this site for further advice in the future
Have a nice day
|nikogreek - Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 am|
i have the same issue with the white specks that are inside the forsekin of my penis aswell as the icthing on the inner thigh and balls? what did you do? is is super serious?
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.