Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: worried about green tint to my daughters skin

jbschiml - Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:54 pm

My daughter has a green tint to her face. She is stating her head and tummy hurts. Should I be worried?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 am

User avatar Hello,Chlorosis or the green tint in young women was known as virgins disease in the earlier years and considered as a symptom of anaemia.Iron deficiency was considered as the cause.Nowadays chlorosis is no more considered as of historic significance.If your daughter is taking foods rich in carrots she may have a tinge due to carotenemia which again is not of any fear.All the same do get her checked up to make sure she is fine.Ok?