Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: A Hair Growing on The Sole of my Foot

mommyofsix - Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 am

I know this sounds crazy, but I have this one lone hair that keeps growing in on my foot. Normally I wouldn't care, but this hair causes me extreme pain around the area to the point that I take cuticle clippers and cut all of the skin from around it until I get it out. Once the hair is out, the pain goes away. I'm really not sure if this is a dermatology issue or not and am a little embarrased to go to the doctor about it, but its really becoming a bother to me. Please help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

User avatar Hello,Unusual but can happen.Dermoid cysts could occur anywhere and are considered remnants of embryonic tissue.These are benign.This could grow hair,nail or other tissue.The foot skin being thick may not show up the deeper dermoid.Do consult and if it is a dermoid get it excised.Best wishes.