Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Blistery rash on leg

 confusedgirl - Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 am

I have a blistery rash on the back of my thigh, i get it about 2 or 3 times a year. It shows up on one leg or the other (never both), and starts off as a rash. Then turns into tiny hard cluster of blisters. After they pop they go away in about a week. Any idea what this could be?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:46 am

User avatar Hello,Linear IgA disease in adults is one possiblity.This condition which the cause is not known shows uP blisters mainly on the limbs.This is a sub epidermal blistering disease.Certain drugs are known to precipitate this condition.This is not a serious problem and it is rare.Biopsy is needed to confirm the condition.Do show this to a dermatologist if it recurs.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us