Question: Blistery rash on leg

confusedgirl - Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 am

I have a blistery rash on the back of my thigh, i get it about 2 or 3 times a year. It shows up on one leg or the other (never both), and starts off as a rash. Then turns into tiny hard cluster of blisters. After they pop they go away in about a week. Any idea what this could be?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:46 am

User avatar Hello,Linear IgA disease in adults is one possiblity.This condition which the cause is not known shows uP blisters mainly on the limbs.This is a sub epidermal blistering disease.Certain drugs are known to precipitate this condition.This is not a serious problem and it is rare.Biopsy is needed to confirm the condition.Do show this to a dermatologist if it recurs.Best wishes.