Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Strange spots on hands and top lip.

 BLADESMATTY - Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi. About four months ago i got jumped by some guys on my walk home from a night out... my instant reaction was to fight back (although i regret it now). After the fight i had cut my knuckles on my right hand..... as the cuts healed i got a small soft circular lump over the scar that is about 2/3mm in diameter (at first i thought it could have just been bumped up scar tissue) but now 3 maybe 4 months after it is still there and i seem to have more similar lookin lumps varying in size and colour but none bigger than the 1 on my knuckle. Also i seem to have got some white lumps on my top lip in a line and my lip seems to be really dry.... So basically i was just wondering if i could have caught something from hitting someone if they had some sort of disease/infections at the time of the fight? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am currently going round the bend trying to find out information on what this could be?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 am

User avatar Hello,The white spots on the upperlip are likely to be fordycee spots and are nothing to worry.The injury you sustained due to fight and bleeding needs invesigation to rule out hepatitisB if you have not already be immunised.Even minor sports injury could transmit if there is contact with blood of the infected.So do get examined to rule this out with your health provider.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us