Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Cancerous mole under armpit

red12234 - Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

I have a mole under my armpit i picked it a long time ago and it seems to have gotten a little bigger it is still small however it is pertruding out the skin more,, seems to be not very painful to touch , do u think it could be cancerous?? should i have it checked?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am

User avatar Hello,While it is not unusual for moles to get picked and infected and every mole is not a melanoma just because it is inflamed.However there is good reason to visit a dermatologist who would examine you with a dermascope,a totally painless procedure and would assure you that it is nothing to worry.Any mole which has grown in size,itches,bleeds,changes colors need scrutiny.These changes may need a biopsy for diagnosis.I am just mentioning this and may not apply to you.But do visit the derm.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us