Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pimple-Type Thing on my Penis, don't know what it is

 gunboy - Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:53 am

Hi, I am 15 years old, and just 2 weeks ago, I noticed I had to urinate quite often, or just had the feeling too, even just after urinating. When I did go, not much would come out; I never had a burning or painful feeling either. I also noticed when I am having fun or doing something that keeps my mind off of that issue, I "forget" about it, until I think of it again.

Well now, that problem, I noticed, has died down quite a bit, BUT, just a few days ago I noticed a bump or pimple-type thing on my shaft of my penis, closer to my body, not near the head. Well this looked sort of like a pimple with no opening and was round, about almost 1/4 inch in diameter and big. I thought I should leave it alone because I THINK I got something like this before and nothing happened after a few days.

Just today I saw my penis and I noticed the "pimple" had popped, there was a hole there looking like a crater. Some "tannish" liquid (pus?) oozed out of it suddenly and I wiped it with a tissue, but then I noticed something very, very small and white was sticking out of the hole or near the hole, so I tried to wipe it off with my tissue, and soon enough something small (no more than 1 mm wide and 3 mm long) was on my tissue; it didn't move, but I am scared it might be a larvae of some bug (I saw something like this being pulled out of a man's leg on TV, so I was worried I might have the same problem).

I am extremely worried, and I haven't told my parents (I am too embarrassed).

Here are two very important things to know:
I know I am 15 years old and should be cleaning my penis, but honestly, I don't know how because I am uncircumsized and am unsure when I look online, so I have NEVER cleaned it, but I do masterbate almost every day on average, if that helps at all. All I can really do is pull back the skin until only the head is showing, and I try to wipe it with water, but it is WAY too senstive. I really don't know how to and I feel bad.

Also, I am NOT sexually active and have never been.

Please help me, because I am extremely worried about these issues. I really don't want any permanent damage or major infections.

I would highly and greatfully appreciate any help, and I am sorry for making this very long.

Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 am

User avatar Hello,What you have is indeed a simple problem of folliculitis and nothing to worry.The infection can occur near the pubic area commonly and may be related to shaving.If the lesion is on the shaft of penis I would think of mollucum contagiosum,a viral condition with a pearly dome shape with a cheesy material which can pop out when you try to open it.This again is nothing to worry.Right now an antibiotic creme should suffice.If persists show to your doctor.Best wishes.
 gunboy - Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 am

Hello, thank you for your help. I highly appreciate it, and the problem is gone too.

But I just don't know how to clean my uncircumsized penis. I can only pull the skin back to reveal the head, but even then, it's hard and tight to pull. If I touch that part of the head, it is very sensitive and annoying to touch. I just can't touch it, so I just put water in my hand and drop it on it. I don't know what I should do to clean it. There has been a fishy smell too with the smegma build up.

Thank you!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:04 am

User avatar Hello,Repeated infection, balanitis as it is called could lead to retractablity problems.Antibiotics may be required to treat this and once infection clears should be easier to clean.After infection conrol, steching under local anaesthesia is an option.Non surgical treatment would include external application of steroids.True phimosis could be considered for circumcision if consevative treatment fails.Do consult your doctor.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us