Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Dark, itchy, mole-like bumps on legs

GCorona - Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm

I noticed a small patch of dark, mole-like bumbs on both of my legs(along the shin area) about 5 years ago but did not think anything of them. About two years ago I asked my then doctor what I should do because they seemed to get worse and he prescribed some sort of cream, which I do not remember the name of.(All I remember him saying is that they were on the surface of my skin and were not something to worry about) The bumps did not decrease but rather seemed to spread further on my leg. They sometimes itch and are very dry, they do not seem contain any pus or liquid, they look extremely similar to moles in color and size but like I said, they are dry and some are even open.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 am

User avatar Hello,The features would seem to fit in with seborrheic keratosis.These are benign brownish,dry and give a stuck on appearence on the skin.Could occur anywhere but more common on the face and upper trunk.These can get infected or irritated.These appear around middle age and may be only of cosmetic significance.Cause is not known.Best for you to get a dermoscopy,a non invasive procedure to confirm the diagnosis.If so can be removed by cryo or by cautery.Best wishes.