Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: red facial skin along with painful bumps inside the skin

 Mrs.khaleeq - Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

i need ur attention.i am having red facial skin along with painful bumps inside the skin from the last 3 months.i have also examined that this infected area have got blood vessels of the skin skin hurts alot when it is reddish along with the bumps.sometimes it get fine but again get worse after some days.i cannot bear heat like that in the kitchen or in sunlight.i always try to put the things that give cool effect to the skin because it feels good by doing so.what medication should i use?or what cure should be done?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

User avatar Hello,While it is likely that you have a photosensitivity it also could mean that rosacea has to be ruled out especially since you complain of painful acne like lesions and visible blood vessels(Telangectasias).While the burning after sun exposure could well mean photosensitivity,people with rosaea too become sensitive to sunlight.
A mite called demodex infests the skin could be behind the symptoms.Some believe that a bacterium in the stomach Helicobacter pylori could contribute to this condition.
Sunscreen lotions would help and if it is demodex metronidazole gel,or tablets internally are useful.
You should get evaluated and I am sure you shoud do well.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us