Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Sore rash on waistline under stomach

 Sarabi - Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:10 am

I have a painful rash under my stomach right on my waistline. I have some pictures if you it would be helpful..
Thank You
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 am

User avatar Hello,The photographs do give an impression that these are what are called as intertrigo which are lesions which appear at folds and where there is excessive sweating.
The likely intertrigo you have are yeast based and called by name monilial intertrigo.These show raw red areas with satellite rashes near by.
The treatment given would generally be canesten creme or powder.
Differential diagnosis is seborrheic dermatitis,a scaly lesion relating to a dandruff like condition occuring in the intertrigenous areas.
Do consult your doctor and you should be fine with therapy.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us