Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Are natural mole removal creams okay?

Peaches111 - Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 pm

I have a freckle that I think has developed into a small barely raised mole in the center of my chin. Ive heard about the natural mole removal creams. Is this something that works or should I get it surgically removed? Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:49 am

User avatar Hello,It is always the best practice not to interfere with moles.The best course of action would be to get it removed by a competent surgeon or a dermatologist.
With out clinical trials it would be difficult to opine on products in the market Despite a tempting nonsurgical option I would suggest it the traditional way.
While most moles will not cause any problems to interfere with them may not be a good idea.
Also sometimes should the mole recur, the morphology and the histopathological features could be misleading and could cause anxiety for both the patient and doctor.
Without knowing about the product it is not possible to comment but broadly one should bear in mind the above possiblities.