Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Itchy clear filled bumps all over bottom of feet

 Kacheri - Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:51 pm

My Fiance has really itchy feet and there are white bumps that are filled with a thick clear fluid and once the blister is open from scratching it. His feet are layers of thick skin and he has tried removing the thick dry skin by using files, ped egg, even a pumice stone but it does not help. The thick skin comes back as dry and itchy as before, no new skin. These blisters after opened and keep itching they become red and more like a sore. He has tried every fungal cream available in the stores, every dry skin lotion even foot baths but to no avail.

Can you give us any suggestions on what this condition is and what we can do about it?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:04 am

User avatar Hello,This picture is of Pompholyx and it is known as dyshidrotic eczema.If this occurs on feet it is known as podopompholyx and the palmar one cheriopompholyx.
Theis condition is itchy,and crops of vesicles appear.High positivity to nickel would be demonstrated in patch tests.Excess sweating is associated in some cases.Direct allegy to perfumes,dichromates,and balsam of peru also can cause this.
Treatment is to apply soothing lotions like calamine.External application of steroids isuseful in more severe types.
Relapses are common unless the offending agent is identified and avoided.Patch testing may be useful.Do consult a dermatologist.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us