Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Warts transfered from hands to girlfriend? Please help

tj.cama - Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello. I recenetly started going out with my girlfriend a little over one year ago. When we first started going out, we did not have sex for a month or so, but we did have foreplay which included me penetrating her vagina with my finger. At the time I did have, what my dermatoligist sayed were common warts on my finger. After about 1 to 2 months I ceased doing that because I realized I could transfer them to her. I then got all of them removed by a lazer and do not have them anymore.

It has been about 9 to 10 months since the last time I made contact with the warts on that particular finger with her vagina. After those 9 to 10 months she shows no signs of having warts in that area of her body. With that in mind I satrted to perform oral sex on her only one time and am concerned that the common warts from my finger transferred from my finger to her and now to my mouth. I did this a couple days ago and JUST AM CONCERNED. NEITHER ME NOR HER SHOW ANY SIGNS.

Thank you for all of your imput. It is greatly appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:49 am

User avatar Hello,Firstly it is most unlikely that common wart types cause problems at the sites like vulva,vagina or oral mucosa.Though theoretically possible but most unlikely.Then if a wart is present at the vulva or vagina,some rare possiblities have been reported in literature
Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Apr;31(4):529-35.

Verruca vulgaris of the vulva in children and adults: a nonvenereal type of vulvar wart.
Aguilera-Barrantes I, Magro C, Nuovo GJ.

Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA.
Transmission of common warts(Verruca vulgaris) from vagina to oral cavity would be purely speculative.